Thursday, March 20, 2008

Okey Dokey

Growing up in California, I remember having artichokes in our back yard. It would only produce three or four per year in our measly garden, but my Mom would buy them at the store to supplement our needs as a family of 6.

To this day, I love them and they instantly take me back to my childhood. I can almost feel the warm sun on my back, sitting at the table in the nook of our kitchen. I am so glad our children have grown to enjoy them - especially my oldest who doesn't care for the heart, so she gives them to mom. I've trained her well.

Unfortunately, with four kids and one adult eating today, the bag of ten went very quickly. It occurred to me that, perhaps, not everyone grew up on these and that an artichoke-along was in order. They are coming into season right now and we have even found organic artichokes at our grocery store. So, don't pass these beauties up anymore. Here's how you 'choke...

No comments: