Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Lunch

Lunch is the one meal that throws me a curve ball every week. I never want to spend time in the kitchen, dirtying the dishes, before dinner prep. So, I often rely on easy things like peanut butter sandwiches or pre-made frozen things. However, I'd much rather feed them (and me!) something healthy and homemade. So, we're trying to make sure that our dinners have some extra servings or have things we can carry over.

This week, I decided to grill extra veggies so that we'd have something quick for lunch the next day. I knew that the peppers, onion, and asparagus would be a great addition to pasta salad. I had a half a bag of heart-shaped pasta (half colored with tomato puree for "pink") left in the pantry from our Valentine's Day themed party last month. I added some Newman's Own Lighten Up! Balsamic Vinaigrette while it was still warm, then the leftover grilled veggies. To give it more crunch and texture, I added halved grape tomatoes, some freshly chopped green onions, and for creamy contrast some goat cheese on top. YUM!
(sorry the colors are off in this one - it must be a blogger issue! That looks pretty ugly on here!)

No comments: